Each year the University of Georgia community welcomes more than 8,000 new students into the residence halls in a very condensed period. The Hunker Down with Housing (#HDWH15) program streamlines the move-in process and addresses resident and family feedback concerning traffic congestion, parking lot availability and elevator service. Hunker Down with Housing volunteers work to ensure the initial days of move-in run smoothly. Hundreds of Hunker Down with Housing volunteers will be located all over campus to greet new students and parents, give directions to area parking lots, direct traffic and generally serve as a resource for residents and their families. Since the first Hunker Down with Housing in 1998, volunteers have successfully moved in more than 88,000 students and helped them begin to call UGA home.
Here is our recommended checklist to make your
move-in experience go as smoothly as possible, click on the red text for links to
|MOVE IN DAY 1: 2014 RUSSELL HALL|
- Have your UGAID ready at check-in.
- Bring a small cart or dolly with you.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, especially if you move-in August 11 or 12
- Take our #HDWH15 move-in quiz to determine when is our recommended move-in date for you.
- Review our parking information, particularly if you will reside in Brumby, Russell, Creswell, Reed or Building 1516.
- Check out our interactive maps for unloading zones in Brumby Unloading Zone, Creswell Hall Unloading Zones, Russell Hall Unloading Zone, Reed Hall Unloading Zone, or Building 1516 Unloading Zone.
- Check out our Pinterest and Youtube pages for previous winners of our 'Room of the Year' contest to get ideas about how to make UGA Housing your home this year.
- Create a packing list and be sure to check out our Community Guide for policies regarding decorations, electronics and more.
- Set up your PIN for residence hall access.
- Review our video and guide on those 17-position adjustable beds and how to loft them
- Stay up to date by following #HDWH15 and/or our social media accounts: @UGAHousing on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Stay hydrated; water will be available throughout the halls.
We're excited welcome more than 8,000 residents August 11-17 and look forward to seeing you all. Check out our move-in FAQ and feel free to contact us via social media or your assigned community with any final questions. Keep an eye out for Hairy Dawg, we will be walking around with him during the first few days of move-in taking pictures. Tag yourself in our Facebook albums to share your portrait with the greatest mascot in the SEC!
Go Dawgs! We'll see you in less than two weeks!